- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Mindful & Joyful Play: assist in Plum Village children’s programme!
22 juli 2017 - 7 augustus 2017
Dutch children program
The nuns of Plum Village are looking for enthusiastic volunteers for the Children’s Programme next Summer. The big Family Retreat will be from July 8th until August 5th!
Many Wake Up friends can say from their own experience that this is a wonderful way to practice being joyfully and playfully together! =) Also, it is a beautiful opportunity to connect with the nuns, as you will be working directly alongside them. The Summer Retreat is a wonderful continuation of Thay’s life and practice, and volunteers are very welcome to join to make this manifest!
The program for Dutch speaking children is offered from 29 July to 5 August (last week of the summer retreat). Volunteers are invited to come from 22 July to 7 August in order to prepare the program with the sisters and help to clean up.
All summer retreat volunteers are required to camp in a tent or sleep in a dorm. In France we are not allowed to offer food and board to volunteers, as it is considered a form of payment. So we ask you to contribute a minimum of 100 € for the whole stay to cover the vegetarian food as well as the use of water, electricity and so forth.
The German children program will also be held in New Hamlet. Volunteers are required to stay from July 15 to August 7. Please subscribe using this form: https://goo.gl/forms/L8GfLT46cD1JQ1573 or mail nh-volunteers@plumvillage.
The English children program will be held in Lower Hamlet. Volunteers are encouraged to come from July 1 to August 5, but a shorter stay is possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both New Hamlet and Lower are also looking for general volunteers. You can check your qualities in the list below =)
- Ability to speak English (if you also speak French this is very appreciated)
- Being in good physical and mental health
- Ability to listen deeply to others and be open to others’ ideas
- Being mindful and keeping our calm even in difficult situations
- Working well on a team
- Capable of guiding a group in its work
- Responsible, diligent and thorough in your work
- Creative and energetic
All volunteers are asked to camp in a tent, so that you are able to help and participate in the retreat at the lowest rate we can offer. Please bring your own tent, sleeping bag, pillow and whatever else you may need for your tenting comfort.
• A 90% reduction is offered if you can stay for the entire 4 weeks (July 8th – August 5th) normal price for a week is E300,-)
• A 75% reduction is offered if you can stay 3 weeks
• A 50% reduction is offered if you can stay for only one or two weeks
Thank you for your willingness to help. Together, we will offer great happiness and peace to the retreat.
Many you be peaceful and safe,
the sisters of Plum Village
Lower hamlet: contact email@example.com